Thursday, May 13, 2010

The victims

If I was robbed, and I think if many of you were, I would be fucking pissed (I am anyway) and I might have a hard time giving all of myself back to the people who I suspected robbed me.

But a true tribute to the hearts of those who were robbed. They are smiling and right back to work. "Its just my camera and my cell phone and my food." Its all replaceable. That's inspiring.


P.S. If all those things are replaceable, and losing them is not upsetting, what are the things in our lives that are irreplaceable and about which we should be upset?

2 comments:

  1. People Dave....family, friends, lovers........enemies....reading "Courage to Feel" right now...a great Buddhist bent...talking about how we learn most from our enemies...they are our greatest teachers...if we are willing to do the work. If we continue to make them our enemies ...we lose.
    Bless you and your team and every person who is helping the cause.
    I love you.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family (esp. my wife and 3 kids) are irreplaceable, but I'd be pretty pissed if I lost my phone! I mean, it has all my contacts and a couple of real blurry pics that I took at a Heels game!

    ReplyDelete