Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ROUS

There are rats around the camp. Not surprising. There are rats all over the upper west side, why wouldn't they be in Haiti. But these rats are fucking big.
Anyway, I just went to go brush my teeth and wash my face--not because I think I can get myself clean or smell-free, but just because it makes me feel like I'm not a total piece of shit. Another one of the volunteers told me how she just saw a big rat. I laughed at her and walked away into the dark to wash myself.
There I am, minding my own cleanliness, and Splinter's big, fat, angry uncle ran across my feet. So I yelled. It was a very manly yell. I know that because I can't scream. Its against my testosterone.
I finished cleaning and came back in the tent, where I was immediately asked who the woman outside was that was screaming and woke up the volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment