Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oral rehydration powder

In order to prevent all of us from dehydration, Medishare (the organization that created/maintains/funds this hospital) provides us with oral rehydration powder. It has electrolytes (mainly sodium, chloride, potassium) and some sugar in it. It tastes pretty nasty (salty and a little sweet), but it doesn't bother me too much.

I was just filling up my water bottle and poured a packet of the powder in, and was noticed by another one of the volunteers.

"That stuff is nasty. Have you tried it?" she said.

"Yeah. Not too bad," I replied.

"Well, if you were a woman, you'd be a swallower."

3 comments:

  1. Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing, this is the most interesting/entertaing blog i have ever read. dave, u are amazing and you KICK ASS!!!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't count how many times this week you had me crying and then, a second later, laughing. I hope you are having the ability to laugh also. So glad you are coming home soon.

    ReplyDelete