Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Its been a very long time since I was able to sleep without some form of "aid." Not here.

I'm so fucking tired by the end of the day. I fall asleep at 930. Come to think of it, I eat dinner around 4, have my tea around 830, and am asleep at 930. Apparently I've aged 60 years while in Haiti.

Anyway, I digress. I have fallen asleep without any problem. However, I wake up a lot during the night. There are people making noise; that's not it. There are occasional flashlights scanning the tent; that's not it. It rains sometimes; that's not it either.

I realized in the middle of the night last night why I wake up so much: I smell so bad. And its not just regular BO. There's a touch of fresh paint odor to it. I have no idea what that means.

1 comment:

  1. Dave, Dave, Dave...you're so brave........I know, I know...so are they...makes me feel pretty guilty...just back from SF and being with Cate...living in this luxury...why??? Why me? Why them? Bless you....not that I have the power to change their situation, but I'm SO grateful for you.
    K

    ReplyDelete