Friday, May 14, 2010

Again

I've debated whether I should post this or not. If I could, and make sure my mom didn't read it, itd be a lot easier. But I didn't start this blog to give half-truths.

Or tent was broken into again tonight by some non-volunteers. Luckily, the person who was being robbed woke up in time to chase them away.

Where were the security guards? How did they get into our camp? And 2 nights in a row? WTF?

I have no idea. But, needless to say, there are a lot of "strong" emotions amongst us....not that we needed anything else on our minds.

2 comments:

  1. Dave...you give so much to them and they obviously need more than you can give. Been robbed 3 times, 3 different homes...was good for me to put "things" in perspective...none-the-less...I felt so invaded...sorry that you're having to experience this toward the end of your stay....
    Love,
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your mom did read it and it's OK. Unfortunately, there is so much desparate need there that some people will do ANYTHING. Just keep in perspective why you are there and what you are accomplishing. Don't let these two experiences destroy all the good that you have done and experienced. Having said all that, keep your phone and camera in your pocket while you are sleeping tonight. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete